Spirit of the Wilderness
Choosing Your Boundary Waters/Quetico Canoe Trip
Canoe Rental, Guided Trips, Live Bait, Tackle & Gear
Your personal preferences, comfort and safety are all factors that you will ultimately judge the quality of your wilderness adventure into the Boundary Waters or Quetico – why leave any of this to chance? The most important decision you will make before your trip is your choice of a Boundary Waters or Quetico outfitter. No one will give you the personal attention you need like Spirit of the Wilderness Outfitter and Bait Shop, located in Ely, Minnesota, the canoe capital of the upper Midwest.
- BWCA Outfitting – We are your one-stop-shop for your next BWCA or Quetico wilderness adventure. Not only can we supply camping, fishing gear, we also provide various outfitting packages, which include deluxe food packages, 5-day packages, 7-day packages and camping equipment-only packages. Our complete outfitting package has everything you need including: food, packs, tent, sleeping bags and pads, cook kit and utensils, stove with fuel, matches, TP, water filter, extra rope, camp saw and fire grate (for Quetico travelers), dining tarp
- Camping and fishing supplies – We sell outdoor clothing, footwear, fishing tackle, live bait and all the camping gear that you need.
- Boundary Waters and Quetico Permits – Permits need to be reserved in advance of your entry date. We service over 30 entry points. Let us help you navigate the process of obtaining a permit.
- Routing and maps – We provide routing and maps to ensure that you enjoy the best of what Boundary Waters and Quetico have to offer.
- Canoe rentals – We provide two types of canoe rentals – kevlar; light weight and easy to portage, and aluminum; for the budget minded travelers.
- Damaged or reconditioning your personal canoe – We have been repairing and reconditioning kevlar canoes for many years. We do it right, using the resin the canoe is made of. Not spar varnish, which is for wood and not kevlar.
- Transportation – Our services include transportation to entry points and Minnesota airports; Minneapolis/St Paul, Duluth, Hibbing, Grand Rapids MN, towboat services on the Moose Lake chain to Prairie Portage and beyond to all points on Basswood Lake, Burntside Lake to Crab Lake portage, and Snowbank Lake to Boot Lake portage. Choosing Your Boundary Waters/Quetico Canoe Trip
In the end, you’ll judge your wilderness adventure into the Boundary Waters or Quetico by the comfort, safety and enjoyment of your journey. So why would you want to leave any of this to chance?
At Spirit of the Wilderness Outfitters and Outdoor Store you will find the special attention you need in order to plan and prepare for your trip. Our knowledgeable and experienced staff will provide you with the information and advice that you need in order to have a safe and memorable trip.